Monday, January 14, 2008

Tattoos in the Workplace

Here's a thought to think about...

If it was socially acceptable to have tattoos any where you pleased, would you get a tattoo (or more tattooo)?



The reason I ask is because I currently have two tattoos, and I just question whether I would have more if I could...

Jobs turn down those who are tattooed. But is that right? I mean, yes, it may not be the most professional to have a visible tattoo in certain workplaces and professions, such as the medical field. I mean how ironic would it be for the man, or woman, lasering off your tattoo, to have a complete arm band?

I've never heard of a company who allows visible tattoos or piercings. I will admit, that it tends to rely on your manager as to how he will bend the company rules. Many retail companies, will bend the rules, according to the General Manager in charge, but with higher ups come in, body mods must be covered. Some customer service companies will allow for visible tattoos, as long as they are not offensive. Whether this is a part of the company policy or a managers choice, I don't know.

But, anyway... If you were to be hired even though you had visible tattoo, would you get more? Or would you get more visbible tattoos, versus those hidden under your clothes?

No comments: